Search Engine Optimization or SEO is just as much about your audience as much as it is about search engines themselves. Organic search is usually the primary source of website traffic and builds trust and credibility. Not only does it build the trust and credibility for your users but it also creates a better user experience.
- SEO drives 1000% more traffic than organic social media. Though investment in social media is important, writing high quality content on your website will bring a long-lasting traffic.
- SEO leads have a 14.6% close rate! These SEO leads will increase your conversion rate.
- The top ranking pages receive the most searching traffic 49% of the time. Being in the top ranks will give you almost half of the searching traffic.
- 68% of online experiences begin with a search engine. This really shows that more than half of the users start off their searches with a search engine. That is a lot of people!
- 53.3% of all website traffic comes from organic search! That is more than half the traffic that comes from organic search. Shows the importance of investing in organic search.
- The number one result in Google gets about 32% of all clicks. People who search for something are likely to click on the first result. The more attention you put towards making your most important pages rank higher in Google will get more traffic and business for your company.
- The current number of searches Google gets per day is over 7 billion! Now, there are other search engines to consider ranking in, but the majority of searches happen within Google- and we do not see that changing anytime soon.
- 21% of users will click on more than one search result. Let’s face it, there is a lot of misinformation out there. It is in everyone’s best interest to cross reference the information they find in search results. This stat is a reminder to all content creators to try and create the best, most accurate data possible. That way your content is relevant and your organization looks trustworthy. Being trustworthy can result in the user returning later for more information or to buy something from you.
- The major search engines( YouTube, Google, Bing, and Yahoo) make up 70.6% of website traffic. It is beneficial to know where the majority of your website traffic comes from. If you have Google Analytics installed then you can get an understanding of whether more people found you on a particular search engine. If you can spot your strength, then you can more easily enhance there.
- $5,000 is about how much the majority of businesses are spending on SEO per month. Though some SEO companies offer $500/month services, there is a limit to the amount of results you will see. At $2,000/month+ then your SEO company should be able to improve your rankings in Google, help make changes to the website so more people take action, and will be able to report what new content you can create to expand your business further.
There are many benefits to Search Engine Optimization or SEO. After reading all these stats, we know that SEO takes your website’s visibility to a higher position. Not only does SEO help increase your website’s traffic but it also increases your conversion rate and ROI!